Make your summer bachelorette party complete with the perfect refreshing cocktails! Your guests will love these summer cocktail recipes found on foodandwine.com!
Sour-Cherry Gin Slings:
- 1 pound sour cherries, stemmed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Strips of zest from 1/2 lemon
- Strips of zest from 1/2 orange
- 2 cups gin
- 2/3 cup Cointreau
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 1/4 cups sour-cherry syrup
- Angostura bitters
- Sparkling water
- Lime wheels and fresh cherries, for garnish
- MAKE THE GIN SLINGS:In a large saucepan, combine the cherries with the sugar, water and citrus zests and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. Pass the mixture through a fine strainer, pressing on the solids; you should have 2 1/2 cups. Let cool.
- In a pitcher, combine the gin with the Cointreau, lime juice, sour-cherry syrup and a few dashes of bitters and stir well. Pour into ice-filled glasses and top each drink with sparkling water. Garnish with the lime wheels and fresh cherries and serve.
The sour-cherry syrup can be refrigerated for up to 1 week
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus 8 sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a simmer with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute; let the sugar syrup cool.
- In a blender, puree the watermelon until smooth. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries and mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, lightly muddle the blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour the cocktail into tall ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs and serve.
- Small ice cubes
- 1/4 cup blackberries, plus 1 blackberry for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, plus 1 mint sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- Fill a rocks glass halfway with ice cubes. In a shaker, combine the 1/4 cup of blackberries, mint leaves, sugar, bourbon and 1/3 cup of ice cubes and shake well. Strain the drink into the glass through a coarse sieve, pressing on the solids. Garnish with the blackberry and mint sprig.
Visit our website for all your cocktail serving needs!